Dear American National Customer,
My previous messages to you shared on March 18
and March 11
outlined some of the actions we have taken to ensure our employees and customers are protected while helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Following the governors of both Virginia and North Carolina issuing statewide stay-at-home orders, we are making additional changes in our continued efforts to protect our employees and practice social distancing across our bank's footprint.
Temporary Branch Closures
Effective Monday, April 6, we will temporarily close six locations in our branch network. Each of these locations have an alternate location nearby that will remain open to serve you via drive-thru banking and by appointment. This change will allow our employees working in our branches the ability to work on a rotating schedule as we practice social distancing in order to keep our teams safe and our bank functioning.
The locations that will be temporarily closed are listed below:
- Guilford College (Greensboro) - 5509 West Friendly Avenue
- Cum Park Plaza (Burlington) - 2214 North Church Street
- Ridgeway - 3810 Greensboro Road
- Airport Branch (Danville) - 1407 South Boston Road
- Downtown Roanoke - 202 South Jefferson Street
- Timberlake (Lynchburg) - 20479 Timberlake Road
Please note: The Night Deposit boxes at these locations will also be closed during this time, effective April 6, 2020.
Click here for a full list of all of our banking locations.
As a reminder, we have many digital and contact-free banking tools available as secure alternatives to conduct your banking:
- ATMs (most of which can handle deposits, including currency deposits)
- 24/7 account access through mobile and online banking (offering bill payment, transfers, and mobile check deposits among other services)
- Online account opening for new personal accounts
- Support through Customer Care and 24/7 Telephone Banking (1.800.240.8190)
We are here
We do not ever take closing a branch lightly (even if it is a temporary), but we do believe this action is helpful as our community and our nation continues to fight the spread of COVID-19.
We also know there is a lot of uncertainty for the people and businesses that have already been financially impacted by this crisis. Please remember that we are here to help. As an approved small business lender, we can help businesses navigate their options with the recently approved CARES Act. Read more about the Paycheck Protection Program here.
We are all in this together and we appreciate your continued trust in us and for your flexibility in our efforts to protect our employees, our customers, and our community.