American National Bankshares Inc. Forms Virginia State Banking Board and Names Inaugural Members
DANVILLE, VA, May 29, 2019 – American National Bankshares Inc. (NASDAQ: AMNB – “American National”) has formed a Virginia state banking board. The newly established state board and its thirteen members were approved at the Company’s May 21, 2019 board meeting.
The members joining the Virginia state banking board of American National Bank & Trust Company are as follows:
- Thomas S. Stump President, First Piedmont
- Timothy J. Clark President, Blair Construction
- Rickey J. Barker President, Supply Resource
- William C. Vaughn Vice President, J & R Mgmt Inc.
- J. Brian Burton President, J. E. Burton Construction
- Deanna P. Stone Attorney, Rhodes, Ferguson and Stone
- John D. Lugar Owner, Virginia Varsity Transfer & Storage
- William Farrell President, Berglund Automotive Group
- Monica T. Monday Managing Partner, Gentry Locke
- Barton J. Wilner President & Owner, Entre Computer Center
- Bill Rakes Senior Counsel, Gentry Locke
- Nathaniel L. Bishop President, Jefferson College
- Daniel D. Hamrick Attorney, Hamrick Law
“I am pleased to have the opportunity to engage additional community leaders as we continue our 110-year legacy of community banking excellence in each of our Virginia markets, remarked Jeffrey Haley, President & CEO of American National Bank & Trust Company. We are extremely committed to the strength of our Virginia communities and I look forward to working with this notable group of professionals.”
The first state banking board meeting will be held in July of 2019. In addition to serving as Chairman American National Bankshares Inc., Charles H. Majors will chair the Virginia state banking board. Roanoke has been named the state banking headquarters for Virginia.