American National Bankshares Inc. Forms North Carolina State Banking Board and Names Inaugural Members
DANVILLE, VA, May 29, 2019 – American National Bankshares Inc. (NASDAQ: AMNB – “American National”) has formed a North Carolina state banking board. The newly established state board and its eight members were approved at the Company’s May 21, 2019 board meeting.
The members joining the North Carolina state banking board of American National Bank & Trust Company are as follows:
- Yun Boylston – Pediatrician, Burlington Pediatrics
- Thomas E. Chandler, Jr. – President, Chandler Concrete
- James B. Crouch, Jr. –- Partner, Harris Crouch Financial
- J. Nathan Duggins, III – Managing Partner, Tuggle Duggins P.A.
- R. Aubrey Linville, III – Partner, Linville Team Partners Commercial Real Estate
- Richard H. Ramsey – Partner, New Page Capital
- Adrian T. Smith – Owner, Ice Age Management - McDonald's Franchise
- Stephen T. Williams, Jr. – Williams Development Group
“I am pleased to have the opportunity to engage additional community leaders as we continue our 110-year legacy of community banking excellence in our dynamic North Carolina markets, remarked Jeffrey Haley, President & CEO of American National Bank & Trust Company. We have enjoyed being part of our North Carolina communities and I look forward to working with this notable group of professionals.”
The first state banking board meeting will be held in July of 2019. In addition to serving as Chairman American National Bankshares Inc., Charles H. Majors will chair the North Carolina state banking board. Greensboro has been named the state banking headquarters for North Carolina.